Friends in the industrial communications industry should know that optical terminals and optical transceivers are communication devices that can perform photoelectric conversion, and there are many similar functions between them.
In that case, are they universal?
Next, by the fly chang technology xiaobian to explain to you the role of optical transceiver and optical terminal machine and the difference, together to see!
1. Optical fiber transceivers
A fiber optic transceiver is an Ethernet transmission media conversion unit that interchanges the electrical signals of short-distance twisted-pair wires with the optical signals of long distances, known in some places as an optoelectronic converter.
This product is typically used in real-world network environments where Ethernet cables cannot be covered and optical fibers must be used to extend transmission distances, and is typically targeted at broadband MAN access layer applications, typically used to help connect the last kilometer of optical fiber to the MAN and beyond.
Industrial optical fiber transceivers are essentially just data conversion between different media, which can realize the connection between two switches or computers within 0-120km, but they actually have more extensions.
1) Realize the interconnection between switches;
2) To realize the interconnection between computers;
3) Realize the interconnection between switches and computers;
4) Single-multimode conversion: When a single multimode connection is needed between networks, a single multimode converter can be used for conversion;
5) Wave multiplexing transmission: When the long distance optical cable resources are insufficient, in order to improve the utilization rate of optical cable and reduce the cost, transceiver and wave multiplexer can be used together, so that the two channels of information can be transmitted over a pair of optical fibers.
2. Optical transceiver
The optical receiver consists of a transmitter, which converts electrical signals into optical signals, and a receiver.
The receiver converts the transmitted optical signals into electrical signals for transmission to the next level of equipment.
The function of digital optical receiver is to digitize the image, voice and data signals to be transmitted, and then reuse the digital signals to convert the signals into optical signals.
At the receiving end, the optical signals are restored to electrical signals, namely the original image, voice and data signals.
3. Differences between optical transceivers and optical terminals
The similarities between optical transceivers and optical transceivers are photoelectric conversion. The difference is that optical transceivers only perform photoelectric conversion without changing the coding or processing the data. They are mainly used in networking such as banking and education.
Besides the photoelectric conversion, the optical terminal machine also processes the data signal, which is mainly used in security monitoring, distance education, video conference and other fields that require high timeliness of video transmission.
Therefore, the general fiber transceiver and optical end machine is not able to be universal!